SARAJEVO, Aug 7 (Hina) - A group of 58 Croats from Konjic, who had fled
during the war, on Wednesday visited their houses in this town some 40 km
south-west of Sarajevo, UNHCR spokesman Kris Janowski told reporters in
Sarajevo on Thursday, adding the visit passed smoothly.
The Croat refugees' visit had been organized by the American Board
for Refugees. According to Janowski, the local population welcomed them in
a cordial and friendly manner.
Even refugees currently living in their houses gave them a friendly
welcome, the UNHCR spokesman said, adding that local authorities in
Konjic had made a new concrete step and showed willingness to make the
return of all refugees possible.
Four Serb houses had been emptied, Janowski said, on the basis of
a court decision. Local authorities allowed the owners to return, while
refugees who had lived in them were provided with new accommodation, he
concluded.
(hina) ha
071329 MET aug 97
Radnici zadarskoga prijevoznika Liburnije najavljuju štrajk, traže veće plaće
Broj žrtava u požaru u noćnom klubu u Makedoniji popeo se na 60
OIF: Gubitnici u većini
Najava događaja - kultura - za subotu, 4. travnja
Vinkovci i susjedne općine grade 32 kilometra biciklističkih staza
ZSE: Crobexi oštro pali uz velik obujam trgovanja
UEFA: Mbappe i Ruediger mogu igrati za Real protiv Arsenala
Uprava i NO Janafa predložili dividendu od 28,81 eura po dionici
De Bruyne napušta Manchester City, iza njega ostaje impresivna statistika
Značajniji pad većine MIREX-a