( Editorial: --> 0886 )
SARAJEVO, 14 Nov (Hina) - The airport in Banja Luka will be opened
for civilian air traffic next week, the office of the High
Representative in Sarajevo said in a statement Friday.
At a ceremony scheduled for 18 November representatives of Banja
Luka airport will be given a temporary permit allowing them to start
working. The permit, issued by the Bosnian Civil Aviation Board,
will help create conditions for the beginning of commercial air
transport.
In this way, Banja Luka airport will become the first airport after
Sarajevo airport to be opened for civilian air traffic in
cooperation with the Stabilisation Force (SFOR). So far, three
airlines have shown interest in flights to Banja Luka and it is
expected that regular air traffic will be established soon.
Airports in Tuzla and Mostar will soon be opened under the same
conditions, the statement said.
The airport in Banja Luka was built in 1991. It served for civilian
air transport only for a short period of time. At the beginning of
the war, the Bosnian Serb air force turned the airport into its
stronghold which was operational until a no-fly ban over Bosnia-
Herzegovina was imposed at the end of 1992.
Banja Luka airport has been closed since 1992.
(hina) rm ,
141555 MET nov 97
De Zerbi, Allegri, Conte i Italiano kandidati za klupu Milana
Habijan: Uvođenjem obveznog tonskog snimanja ubrzat će se sudski postupci
Djeca bi trebala izbjegavati pića sa zaslađivačima - stručnjaci
Mađarska vlada planira zabraniti prosvjedne blokade mostova
JaTrgovac: Roba široke potrošnje lani u Hrvatskoj poskupjela za 5,2 posto
U splitskoj Galeriji umjetnina izložba "Ivo Tijardović - figura hrvatskog Art décoa"
U Novskoj počinje izgradnja vrtića vrijednog 5,8 milijuna eura
F1 - Norris najbrži na prvom, a Piastri na drugom treningu u Japanu
Konaković: Još nema suglasnosti o izmjenama izbornog zakona BiH
Meinl Reisinger: Sankcije Dodiku su na snazi, on mora biti zaustavljen